Wednesday, October 23, 2013

ELUDE


Power-play is the name of the game
No winners but losers all the way.
Does it really make you invincible; I often wonder
If so, then why are there insecurities and constant blunders?
Why the need to assert your position every time?
If you know you are supreme and never indulged in a crime.
You are solely blinded by your vision
This is the reason for your diversion.
You promise me development
But leave me in isolation.
Your interest often clashes with mine
But you don’t bother even a dime.
I rue as I cease to matter to you
Because I am not one of the privileged few.
As you mess up all the way
I am left helpless along the bay.
And look at the irony; you seek war to restore peace
In spite of it all, you still elude peace.


By Ami Chheda
Co-Editor
YJAW-India

1 comment:

  1. Well written Ami. This piece of work shows your creativity and the hardwork behind it. Keep going :)

    ReplyDelete