Monday, December 30, 2013

Opacity

I woke up in the morning on a normal day and went to the kitchen for breakfast, but I didn't find my mother washing dishes as usual. I ate and went to school. But even when I returned, I couldn't find her or anyone else!

I yelled "Mom! Dad!"

Then I went to my sister's room but I couldn't find her too. I felt that they are playing this awkward game with me because I had a fight with my sister, and my parents were upset with me or because of my fight with some kids in the street with the help of my friends Alex and Adams. I went to my room, and closed the door. Suddenly I heard voices outside. I went to see if my family was back, but it was my cruel aunt and her silly puffy son.

"Hi trouble maker!"

"What are you doing here?"

She looked at me with surprise and said "what am I doing here! Is that how you speak to your mother?"

Then I suddenly fainted. And when I woke up, I thought that this was just a nightmare.I went runningout of my room to my parent’s room to apologize, but I found my awful aunt again.

She said carelessly "Oh you are not dead! Good!"

I asked seriously "Where are my parent and Lili?"

She looked at me and said angrily "What is wrong with you kid?"

I ran out of this awkward house, but there was something really weird waiting for me outside; it was Alex and Adams. When they saw me, they started running towards me and took me as a hostage.I told them that I was their friend and asked what was going on but they kept telling me "we were always enemies!"

They started to hit me in the face,and then they put me on the rail way line and tied me. They began to record this as my humiliation.

Suddenly I felt a vibration on the rail way line; it was the train. I closed my eyes and I remembered my past life. It was full of bullying, cruelty, hatred, and vices. I remember once I hit Mr. Watson's small kid and broke his arm. I also remembered bullying some little girls at school.

I said to myself "Could it be real!?What I did to other people all my life is now happening to me! What if time turned back! Am I going to do the same thing again?" I suddenly remembered that no one dies in a dream. So if this is a dream, I won't die and I will also wake up from this nightmare.

I heard the train’s whistle, closed my eyes and began to pray for the first time. The train kept coming very fast, and my headache kept rising. Suddenly I felt that the train was too close to my head and I opened my eyes. I found myself in my bed and the awful whistling was my sister's stupid toy. She had put her train under my bed while I was sleeping to wake me up.

I was happy for being in a dream, but when Lili came into the room I found her different.She was wearing a white dress, and she looked really pretty! But when I looked at myself in the mirror, I was pale!

She said to me while she was beautifully smiling "I missed you brother!"

I couldn't understand. I tried to talk but my voice won't come out!

I tried to go near to my sister to touch her but the more I walked, the more she went far.

I heard her saying "Good bye Opacity!" but it was not my sister's voice; it was a male voice.

I said "Opacity!" but she didn't hear me!

Suddenly everything went black and I heard an awful noise. I felt the heat of the sun. I heard someone asking"Is he dead?"

I opened my eyes a little. I was still at the rail way line. Two men were looking at me, conversing whether to leave me here or take me to the hospital, as there was a deep cut in my head! I heard one of them saying "let us take this OPACITY kid to the hospital!"

They took me to the hospital, where I found my real mother working as a doctor! I was too weak to talk. After a long surgery, I fell into a deep sleep and I woke up on the voice of my mother.

"Sam! Wake up! You will be late!"

I woke up very fast and took a deep breath, as if I was revived from death. I ran to my mother and hugged her saying “Sorry mom!"

She said surprisingly "Are you okay Sam! You never apologize!"



I said "From now on I will!"



Shereen Nabil Nagib Ramadan

Egypt - Cairo

No comments:

Post a Comment