Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Freedom


I spread my wings,

And journey commenced.

Holding your hands;

I explored lands.



The trance of love

Led higher and higher.

Smelling the flowers

And hanging with twigs;

Dashing the water

We pecked the grains.



Flying and flying 

Beyond compare.

A jerk I felt on seventh sky

When I turned

Found you stepping back 

Letting me fall alone.



Did the wind turn severe?

Or blood that changed?

Distance prevailed.

Something went wrong.

The mystery!

The mystery,

Which my insidious man

I couldn’t solve.

I lived dejected 

And far alone.

The nest was broken

And feathers torn.



Then

I stretched my wings once again

Started flying with great pain.

I fly wider and wider

Deeper and deeper

In the gyre of my self

Freedom with wisdom

Eventually I found.

Farwa Shafqat 
GC University Lahore.




















No comments:

Post a Comment